LAST UPDATED June 2021
We are Ruralmums Limited (“Ruralmums”), a company registered in England and Wales under company number 2934327 and with our registered office at The Henhouse, 1 Chapel Street, Belton In Rutland, LE15 9JT .
- The text, images, photographs, graphics, logos, illustrations, descriptions, data, and other material provided by Ruralmums on or through the Ruralmums Sites, as well as the selection, assembly, and arrangement thereof, are referred to collectively as the “Content”.
- The Content is provided solely for personal, non-commercial purposes. Any other use of Ruralmums Sites or content or information contained on Ruralmums sites is strictly prohibited, unless the written permission of Ruralmums is obtained first. The Content may contain errors, omissions, or typographical errors or may be out of date. Ruralmums therefore reserves the right to change, delete, or update any Content at any time and without prior notice and to make such changes, deletions, or updates.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Ruralmums Sites, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- Unless otherwise noted, all Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, and other proprietary rights that are owned by Ruralmums or by third parties that have licensed their use to Ruralmums. You may view and use the Content only for your personal information and you shall retain intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Except as provided in the foregoing, Ruralmums does not grant to you or any person any right to use, reproduce, copy, modify, transmit, display, publish, sell, license, create derivative works, publicly perform, or distribute by any means, method, or process whatsoever, now known or hereafter developed, any of the Content on or transmitted through the Ruralmums Site, including without limitation by transferring, downloading, or otherwise copying any Content onto any disk drive or other storage medium. Any use of the Content, except as specifically permitted in these Terms or as otherwise expressly permitted in the Content or in a writing signed by Ruralmums, is strictly prohibited.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AS TO THE RURALMUMS SITE AND CONTENT
- Ruralmums makes no warranties or representations whatsoever with respect to the Ruralmums Site or any linked site or its content, including the availability of any site or the content, information, and materials on it or the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of that content, information, and materials. Ruralmums also does not warrant or represent that your access to or use of the Ruralmums Site or any linked site will be uninterrupted or free of errors or omissions, that defects will be corrected, or that the Ruralmums Site or any linked site is free of computer viruses or other harmful components. Access to the Ruralmums Site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Ruralmums Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the Ruralmums Site are unavailable at any time or for any period.
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Ruralmums Site or any content on them, whether express or implied. We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of, or inability to use, our site or use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Ruralmums Site.
- Please note that we only provide the Ruralmums Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Ruralmums Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Ruralmums Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
THIRD-PARTY CONTENT DISCLAIMER
The Ruralmums Site may contain links to external, third party websites. By providing links to other websites, Ruralmums does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to Ruralmums. Ruralmums does not operate or control and has no responsibility for the information, products and/or services found on any external sites. Nor do such links represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external sites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Visitors to the Ruralmums Site assume complete responsibility and risk in their use of any external sites. Visitors should direct any concerns regarding any external link to its site administrator or webmaster.
USER SUBMITTED CONTENT
- Ruralmums reserves the right but not the duty to monitor, edit, and delete any content, including product reviews, comments, or other materials, submitted to the Ruralmums Site (“User Content”) that Ruralmums deems, in its sole discretion, to violate these Terms. You are solely responsible for any User Content you submit. You acknowledge that use of or reliance on any User Content submitted to the Ruralmums Sites is at your own risk. By submitting any User Content to Ruralmums Site, you represent and warrant that: a) You are the sole author and owner of any intellectual property rights to that User Content; b) Your User Content is accurate and not misleading; c) Any use of the User Content will not violate these terms or potentially cause harm to another person or entity; d) You will comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy
- You further represent and warrant that any User Content you submit: a) does not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party (including patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and copyrights); b) does not violate any law, statute, or regulation; c) is not abusive, obscene, libelous, or intended to cause harm to other individuals or entities; and d) does not contain any virus or malware.
- You will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of the above warranties. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of these warranties.
- Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
- We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy
- The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORDS
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us using the contact details at the end of these terms.
These Terms are effective until terminated by Ruralmums. Ruralmums may terminate these Terms without notice and at any time in connection with any of the Ruralmums Sites. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access those Ruralmums Sites, and the restrictions imposed on you with respect to the Content, and the disclaimers, indemnities, and limitations of liabilities set forth in these Terms shall survive termination.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
These terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Contact us at email@example.com or write to us at at The Henhouse, 1 Chapel Street, Belton In Rutland, LE15 9JT . We will endeavour to respond as quickly as we can.
We are Ruralmums Limited (“Ruralmums”), a company registered in England and Wales under company number 2934327 and with our registered office at The Henhouse, 1 Chapel Street, Belton In Rutland, LE15 9JT.
You may only use the Ruralmums Site for lawful purposes. You may not use the Ruralmums Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Ruralmums Site; any equipment or network on which the Ruralmums Site is stored; any software used in the provision of the Ruralmums Site; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We provide interactive services on the Ruralmums Sites, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on any Ruralmums Site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on the Ruralmums Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Ruralmums Site (“User Content”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any User Content as well as to its whole.
User Content must:
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
User Content must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that it emanates from us or is endorsed by us if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the Ruralmums Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Ruralmums Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any User Content uploaded by you to the Ruralmums Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of information about you to any third-party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Disclosure of information about you to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for any action we may take in response to a breach of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may additionally take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Please try and focus on the subject/product when commenting and avoid any comments that might be offensive, relate to price, customer service issues or refer to competitors.
We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates any other guidelines:
- Obscenities, discriminatory language or other language not suitable for a public forum.
- Advertisements, “spam” content, or references to other products, offers or websites.
- Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information.
- Critical or spiteful comments about other reviews posted on the Ruralmums Sites or about their authors.
Changes to acceptable use policy
We may amend this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. The date at the top of this page will be amended each time this policy is updated. Please check this page from time to time as any changes we make will be binding on you.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this policy or the Ruralmums Site, please send us an email at: hello@Ruralmums.com. Alternatively, you can write to us at: The Henhouse, 1 Chapel Street, Belton In Rutland, LE15 9JT.
Updated 1 June 2021
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information that explains how and why we collect, store, use and share your personal data. It also explains your rights in relation to your personal data and how to contact us or supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
This notice applies to your use of all Ruralmums platforms including ruralmums.com and social media as provided by Ruralmums Ltd (hereafter known as Ruralmums).
The type of personal information we collect:
It is important that you understand how and why we use the personal data that we collect from you. We process personal data for different reasons and below we list which types of personal data we need for each purpose.
Registration & account profile
In order to use some of the features on Ruralmums you are asked to register. The personal information collected at registration due to your contract with us, is:
- your first name and surname;
- your user name;
- your email address;
- password you set up to access your account.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons: Registration, comments/reviews, competitions.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios: cookies.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- manage your account for: your log in information, to create a username and to identify if you have opted in to receive our newsletter.
- Administer competitions
- Analyse website and social media activity
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are: your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to at The Henhouse, 1 Chapel Street, Belton In Rutland, LE15 9JT.
We may collect personal data about you when you sign up for competitions, this data is only used for the purposes of the relevant competition and will be subject to the terms and conditions of that competition, which will be notified to you when you enter. Please see our Competition Small Print for more details.
We use competition data for the purposes of allowing you to participate in competitions and to carry out any activities required in relation to those competitions, for example contacting you to let you know you have won a prize and using your address to send the prize to you. Your information will only be passed on to a 3rd party, such as the company sponsoring the competitions, if you have opted in to do so. You can do this by contacting email@example.com or writing to The Henhouse, 1 Chapel Street, Belton In Rutland, LE15 9JT.
Chat room/social media
Where you make data public such as in our Forum or on Social Media, we may collect this information and use it for our posts, articles or social media.
Should you contact us for technical support, we use your personal data to enable us to respond to queries, complaints or comments that you have and to ensure that these are appropriately dealt with.
As you journey through our site some anonymous information is passively collected by cookies. Your internet browser automatically transmits to this site some of this anonymous information, such as the url of the website you just came from and the IP address and the browser version your computer is currently using.
This helps us analyse data about our site traffic so we can improve our service and adapt it to our members needs. All information is anonymous and only used for operational purposes.
*A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Other things we use your data for?
We use your personal data and analytical data (Google Analytics) to help us monitor, analyse and improve our service. We use this data to help us understand which content and services are most interesting and enjoyable for our users. This helps us to make sure that we are providing you with the best possible service.
How we store your personal information?
We periodically review the data that we keep in our systems and delete or anonymise your data held in our archives, when we consider it is no longer relevant. Occasionally personal data is kept for longer than our standard retention policy, if it is required for legal or safeguarding interests or in order to respond to any complaints or claims that you make. If this is the case, we will only keep the data for as long as we need in order to fulfil those purposes.
Where your data is stored
Any data stored electronically will be stored in secure servers based in the UK.
Your Account data
We will keep all your personal data for as long as your Ruralmums account remains active. If you have not logged in for 3 years, we will delete your account and any personal data we hold, unless there is a legitimate reason to keep your account active. You can delete your membership at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to The Henhouse, 1 Chapel Street, Belton In Rutland, LE15 9JT.
You can, at any time, create an anonymous username, this ensures that anything you post is not identifiable by other users.
Your subscription will remain active until you unsubscribe. However, if you have not engaged with our emails for 3 years, we will email you to ask if you want to be removed and if we do not hear from you, we will remove your subscription.
Chat room posts
Anything you post in the chat room will be kept there indefinitely. If your account has been deleted your posts will be anonymised.
Comments or reviews
We keep comments for as long as the page is live on the site. If your account is deleted, we will keep the comment or review on the site but anonymise your details.
Who has access to your personal data?
The following may have access to your Personal Data:
Employees of Ruralmums and Sub-Contractors and systems we use for technical services, analytical solutions etc such as:
- We use the following data analysis companies to understand our users: Google Analytics
- To resolve technical issues
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com or write to at The Henhouse, 1 Chapel Street, Belton In Rutland, LE15 9JT if you wish to make a request.
Data Protection Officer
Because our activities do not involve large scale, regular and systematic monitoring of individuals, or special categories of personal data, or data relating to criminal convictions and offences we are not required to appoint a data protection officer.
Complying with the law
We are complying with the Data Protection Act 2018, UK GDPR and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of the 27th of April 2016, General Data Protection Regulation referred to as “GDPR”.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to at The Henhouse, 1 Chapel Street, Belton In Rutland, LE15 9JT if you wish to make a request.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113 ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Changes to this notice
We may make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time. The date of the latest update will be posted at the top of this page.