- Prep Time 35 minutes
- Cook Time 1 1/2 to 2 hours
- Mixing bowls
- 2 1/2″ ring moulds or ramekins
- Fresh rhubarb – several sticks
- 300ml Double cream
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 150ml Greek yoghurt
- 2 leaves of gelatine
- Ginger cake and/or crushed ginger biscuits
- Slice several sticks of rhubarb into chunks and arrange in an oven proof dish in a single layer, sprinkle with a little water and roast gently in a medium oven until just soft. Roasting will intensify both the colour and the flavour.
- While the fruit is cooling, dissolve 2 leaves of gelatine in cold water then stir into the still warm fruit.
- Whip the cream until it starts to balloon and hold its shape, then gently fold in the Greek yoghurt, the juice of half a lemon and 2 tablespoons of caster sugar.
- Fold the cream and cooled fruit together, adding more sugar if necessary.
- Slice the cake thinly and cut circles to line ring moulds, using the ring as a cutter, or line ramekins, or glasses with crushed biscuits, and divide the rhubarb cream between them. Sprinkle more crushed biscuits over the top and leave to set for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with fresh strawberries.