Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 450g/1lb lean beef or lamb mince
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Grated zest of 1 lemon or ½ fresh lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 1 x 5cm/2inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 30ml/2tbsp mango chutney
- 60ml/4tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 250g/9oz cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 600g/1lb 5oz cooked egg noodles
- 1 x 100g bag rocket or baby spinach leaves
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Toasted pine nuts, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
2. Place the mince in a large bowl. Season and add the lemon zest or lemongrass, ginger and chutney.
3. Using damp hands shape the mixture into twenty-four 2.5cm/1inch balls.
4. Transfer to a non-stick roasting tray and cook for 15 minutes or until any meat juices run clear. Discard any meat juices.
5. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and cook the garlic for 2-3 minutes with the cherry tomatoes. Add the cooked noodles and heat through for 1-2 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and add the meatballs, rocket or spinach leaves. Gently toss to combine.
7. Garnish with the parsley and pine nuts and serve immediately.